Friday, December 9, 2011

Going Back in Time

I don't even know where to start with this one....


Have you seen these?


They're handsets for a cell phone.  I first saw them on Pinterest, and I thought it was a joke.  You know, one of those things you'd open at a Christmas party gag gift exchange. 
 
I was wrong.  Last week, I was walking B3 down the street to a playgroup.  There was a woman standing on the sidewalk with her iPhone in one hand and one of these in the other.  Her model was a lovely bright blue color, and she was carrying on a conversation with a 1986 handset connected to her iPhone. 
 
Certainly, this is not what Apple had in mind.  But someone's making a mint off of what I thought was a joke.  But the lady on the street?  She wasn't laughing.  She was chatting.  Crazyness. 
 
I guess our kids might know what those things are, after all!

1 comment:

Donna said...

That must be the newest fad??? I bet it's because of all the talk of cell phones causing cancer. Just stick your receiver into the iphone and talk away:) Well, if it's cool in Singapore I bet it's just a matter of time before it comes here!!