Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bedtime Stories

It's been one of those weeks.
Oh, who am I kidding?  They're all "one of those weeks".
I thought a full schedule of playgrounds and playdates and fun would mean good times. 
We've had good times, but we've also had lots of tears and screaming.

He's screamed and cried because his sister sat on the sofa.    Because his sister moved the beanbag out of her own room. And because the apple juice cup was orange and not green. Never mind that he asked for orange at lunchtime.

She's cried because she suddenly thinks that the only toothpaste she'll currently allow in her mouth is suddenly "really really really not my favorite anymore!"  Never mind I have five more in the closet and she hates all things mint and not brushing is really not an option.  She's cried about not being able to play in her room because she, herself, has dumped buckets of toys on the floor. 

But then tonight, as their Daddy works late and I wash supper dishes, a sweet voice says, "Mama, OK AK read to me?" 

Absolutely!

I think I'll keep them, after all.

1 comment:

kathryn patton said...

Yes, AK, reading is magic!