Tuesday, January 4, 2011

01-02-11 PINK

"I want to make my room fancy, Mama", She said to me as we read a bedtime book in early December.
Not knowing what exactly constitutes fancy to a 4 year old, I asked her.
"I want to paint my walls pink. I want streamers on my fan, a picture of me and my brother on my wall, and I want a chair for Pancake."  (Pancake is a much loved, yet grungy pink bear)
Pink.  Pink?  We are not people of pink.  Even Anna Kate usually chooses blue over pink. 
We are also not people of paint.  In the 7.5 years we've been in Charlotte, exactly 2 rooms - bathrooms - have been painted.  One, as a result of a renovation requiring it, and the other after removing very old and ugly Asian themed wallpaper.  Ben isn't a fan of painting, and I'm not very good at it. 
But, when we found ourselves with a few days at the end of December, we managed to paint a room pink. 
It made our girl grin from ear to ear, and that made the effort worthwhile.
The paint color she chose?  Princess.  Perfect. 

No comments: