Saturday, August 27, 2011

Do You Know the Chicken Man?

My grocery delivery experment was a success, and the day after I shopped, my trolley full of groceries arrived at my door.  I had no idea how they would arrive, so I was surprised to see this after the delivery guy left:

Encouraged by the success of delivery, I decided to conduct another shopping experiment inspired by months of internet research.  I've been reading several Blogs about Singapore life for a few months, and this blog post is bookmarked on my tool bar.  I refer to it several times a week, if not daily. 

In case you're not a link clicker, the link is to a post detailing a lengthy list of helpful information for Singapore. She gives the contact information for a chicken delivery guy, known far and wide as "The Chicken Man".  The very idea of The Chicken Man intrigued me, and I couldn't wait to give him a call.  First, I had to get a phone, and my very first call (other than a call to Ben) was to The Chicken Man (It should come as no surprise that he was my first call. No, Not because I'm such a chicken fan, but because I know no one on this island to call).   His prices are about 1/2 of what our closest grocery store charges, and he delivers.  Sign me up!

 The day after I called, my doorbell rang, and there he was. The Chicken Man. Chicken in hand:


 As we chatted, he actually referred to himself as "The Chicken Man", and I couldn't help but laugh. I did try not to think about the similarity between his red bag and the biohazard bags we became familiar with in our Appendicitis/RSV hospital experiences earlier this year, but I got over it as I calculated our savings. 
I'll definitely be calling The Chicken Man again soon. 

2 comments:

Leone Fabre said...

So glad that Andrea's blog helped you find "The Chicken Man" .... that particular blog post is very popular (as is Andrea herself!) I will link you thru to her too.

L x

Andrea said...

Funny that I just now saw this post. :) Thanks for the linkage. Glad you enjoy the post and the chicken.