Saturday, August 13, 2011

Going Native

As we have walked around Singapore, AK's questions have been frequent and entertaining.  Today's favorite was, "Do babies in Chinese places born speaking English AND Chinese?"  She still doesn't believe that, if she had been born into a Chinese speaking family, she would speak Chinese.
 "Too hard for babies!", she thinks.

She's also asked why we see so many women walking with umbrellas when there's not a cloud in the sky.  When I explained that they are using the umbrellas for shade, she was obviously inspired.

the clouds were threatening this  morning when we left for our school visit, so the umbrellas went with us.  She was positively thrilled when we walked home from the train station in the bright sunshine.  
"I brought my OWN shade!", she laughed.  
I have a feeling that the umbrella will get quite a workout - even on the sunniest of days. 

3 comments:

Donna said...

YEA!!!! Kristin has a blog!!! I am so glad you did this. I love that we'll be able to get a glimpse into your new adventures in Singapore. I love AK's haircut, too. TOO cute!!!

one of four said...

Yea!! I love it. Now I get to live vicariously through you. :) Keep it coming. And I want to come visit. Maybe you should plan a KK12 reunion in Singapore. :)

Jean said...

Too cute! Anna Kate in her pink outfit and, of course, the pink umbrella!